Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Travelista In The Making

So for as long as I can remember, I have wanted to travel internationally. I know, I know I'm kind of late in the game, but better late than never right? So I really want to travel abroad alone, and have been getting a lot of back lash for it. I personally think it would be a very liberating experience, and I like the thought of not having to be on somebody's else's schedule. Many have told me that I'm crazy for wanting to travel abroad by myself, especially being a women and all. "What about human trafficking"? one of my friends asked. Well what about it? Granted it happens all over the world, but should I let that stop me from traveling? What am I supposed to do? Hide under a rock and come out when it is safe? I think not. I did some research and women all over the world are traveling by themselves these days. Is it dangerous to travel? Sure, there is always the risk of running into danger wherever you go. However, with common sense and good judgement it can be done. I would love to go to South America, I'm thinking Peru or Venezula.

I came across an article on ymib.com featuring two young ladies Andrea and Teri from travelistatv.com. The two document their travels and show what's its like to be a true travelista.  Check out a video on their travel to Italy.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I actually partied w Traci Johnson before. They are truly travelista... with one of the greatest jobs on the planet.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete